PBP Khorgos Logistic Park in Kazakhstan
Narrative description of Project:
The project aim is to develop and build a large modern logistic center in Central Asia.
The project is located directly on the new Silk road at the border of Kazakhstan and China in the Kazakh
free economic zone by the city of Khorgos, and is a part of development of one of the largest land dry
port and logistic centers in the world. Supported strongly by the Kazakh government, it will serve as
a strategic logistic knot, that will shorten time of transportation of goods between Asia and Europe by almost ¼;
creating new logistic, industrial and business opportunities and growth to all regions of the new Silk road belt.
The project is developed by Premium Business Park company PBP Capital Ltd. (www.pbpcapital.co),
Dubai investment company, and its partners, including FORLOG AG, who supports PBP Capital by providing
full-scope owner's engineering services.
Description of actual services:
Owner´s Engineering comprising of
Overall Project management;
- Assistance to the Owner in establishment and staffing of the PIU;
- Obtaining all permits falling under Owner’s responsibility on behalf of the Owner;
- Preparing the detailed conceptual designs and technical specifications for works and goods for the business park buildings and related infrastructure and equipment;
- Procurement including preparation of the tender documentation and support during procurement of Design & Build Contractor services;
- Technical supervision of the design and construction works;
- Organizing and management of the handover and closeout;
- Technical and managerial assistance to Owner during defects liability period;
- Reporting and overall engineering and administrative support of the Owner´s development processes with deep knowledge of local Kazakh environment as well as providing broad international experience implemented to the project at high EU-level quality standards.